Tyler Kistner said abortion restrictions “should be left at the states,” now tries to run from his extreme position
Since the reversal of Roe, 15 states have new or incoming laws banning abortion without exceptions for rape or incest
Burnsville, MN –– Tyler Kistner is “100% pro-life” and supported the reversal of Roe v. Wade, allowing states to criminalize abortion without exceptions for rape or incest. After weeks of silence on the overturning of Roe and trying to cover up his extreme position, Kistner is desperate to deflect from his radical anti-choice views, but he can’t hide from the world he and his radical party leaders fought to create.
Rep. Angie Craig is pro-choice and believes that the right to an abortion should be protected in the Constitution. Craig will fight to protect abortion rights for all women.
Last week, Kistner proudly touted an endorsement from Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America, an organization whose main objective is to restrict abortion “in every state and in every legislature, including the Congress.”
Kistner said decisions about reproductive rights “should be left at the states.”
Here’s what the states have done in the weeks since Roe was overturned:
- KIMT: Future Of Abortion In Minnesota – KIMT, 6/27/22
- “Republican candidate for governor, Dr. Scott Jensen, is an abortion opponent who believes there should be no exception for rape or incest and that the only exception should be to save the mother’s life.”
- DFL Gov. Tim Walz criticizes GOP candidate Dr. Scott Jensen for ‘extreme’ abortion views as fall of Roe v. Wade shapes midterm elections – CBS Minnesota, 6/28/22
- “Jensen, a physician from Chaska and the Republican Party-endorsed candidate, has said he supports an abortion ban on abortion, including in cases of rape or incest, except for when a mother’s life is at risk.”
- Jensen: “I would try to ban abortion” – MPR News, 3/15/22
- Kistner supports Jensen for Minnesota governor and has appeared with Jensen on the campaign trail.
- 10-Year-Old Ohio Girl Forced to Travel Out of State for Abortion After Roe Reversal – The Daily Beast, 7/2/22
- Arkansas governor defends abortion ban that makes no exception for rape or incest – The Independent, 6/26/22
- Physicians could face abortion charge even if mother’s life is in danger – Tennessee Lookout, 6/30/22
- Antiabortion lawmakers want to block patients from crossing state lines – The Washington Post, 6/30/22
- Rape, incest exceptions should not be included in abortion bill, SC House panel suggests – The State, 7/21/22
- No exception for life of mother included in Idaho GOP’s abortion platform language – Idaho Capital Sun, 7/16/22
- Dallas-area woman’s miscarriage complicated after Texas abortion ban – Axios, 7/20/22
- South Dakota governor defends state’s abortion ‘trigger’ ban when asked if 10-year-old should be forced to give birth – CNN, 7/4/22
- Georgia’s 6-Week Abortion Ban Begins Immediately After Court Ruling – New York Times, 7/20/22
- Supreme Court ruling sparks alarm over Missouri law banning pregnant women from getting divorced – Salon, 7/20/22
- Governor’s Office: No special session to address abortion ban – WRBL Alabama, 7/19/22