Climate change deeply impacts our environment and our economy here in Minnesota, and that’s
why I’ve supported bold action to strengthen our renewable energy sources, create sustainable
jobs well into the future and tackle climate change head on. I’m working every day to find
lasting, common sense solutions for the Minnesota farmers who are experiencing severe
weather events, the skilled workers who can help attract new businesses to our state and future
generations of Americans.
What I’ve Done:
- I voted for and helped pass the largest piece of climate change legislation in the history of the country as part of the Inflation Reduction Act.
- The bill includes historic investments in clean energy and electric vehicle tax credits.
- It funds significant additional research in new methods of fighting climate change, which includes an unprecedented investment in renewable fuels infrastructure to quicken our transition from fossil fuels.
- I co-sponsored the bipartisan Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act, which will reduce our nation’s carbon emissions, unleash American technological innovation and create millions of new jobs.
- I introduced a bipartisan bill to give local communities the funding they need to address
runoff pollution that is enhanced by rapidly melting snow and rain.