I grew up in a farm family – my grandfather was a farm foreman until the 80s farm crisis forced
him off the farm. Now I’m a member of the House Agriculture Committee, one of the last truly
bipartisan committees in Congress, and I’m working every day to ensure the Minnesota family
farmers and rural communities who feed, clothe and fuel America have a seat at the table.
What I’ve Done:
- I wrote the bill to allow year-round sales of E-15 fuel and got it passed through the House for the first time ever.
- I voted to provide significant additional funding for voluntary conservation programs designed to increase agriculture’s role in the fight against climate change.
- When the trade war with China was hurting Minnesota farmers, I worked to stabilize North American markets by helping to finalize the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
- I’m working across the aisle to pass my bill that would create a White House Office of Rural Prosperity –– a permanent office dedicated to rural economic development and success.
- I voted to provide more than $100 million for broadband expansion in Minnesota, and I brought home more than $7 million to the 2nd Congressional District to expand rural broadband and internet access.