The Angie Craig for Congress campaign is seeking campaign interns to work in Minnesota’s 2nd Congressional District to re-elect U.S. Representative Angie Craig and Democrats up and down the ticket. For those considering working in politics full-time, this is a great place to start!
Interns will learn the ins and outs of campaigns and will build the unique skill sets needed to grow a successful grassroots campaign. There will be a leadership development component to this internship, and you can work with your supervisor to tailor your internship to your interest areas.
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to expand the volunteer networks.
- Managing and executing events such as phone banks, door knocks, and visibility events.
- Working as part of a team to secure Rep Angie Craig’s successful DFL endorsement through the party’s caucus/convention process.
- Assist in running the campaign’s day-to-day operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and try new things
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Commitment to electing Democrats
This position requires a 10 hour per week minimum commitment. This position is unpaid, however, the campaign will work with eligible students to attain college credit for this position. Priority will be given to early applicants.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org