DCCC, September 9, 2022
This week Axios Twin Cities Axios uncovered a pledge made by GOP nominee for MN-02, Tyler Kistner, to support all legislation that will further restrict abortion access nationwide.
Tyler Kistner is trying to hide his extreme position on abortion from Minnesotans, going so far as to delete his “100% pro-life” position from his campaign website. This pledge to push for more abortion restrictions is the latest piece of evidence demonstrating Kistner’s quietly extreme agenda.
Read more about Kistner’s desperate attempts trying to hide his extreme stances below.
Axios Twin Cities: Trail Mix: Survey sheds light on Tyler Kistner’s abortion stance
By: Torey Van Oot
September 6, 2022
- Republican congressional candidate Tyler Kistner pledged to support federal legislation aimed at further reducing abortion access in response to a recent issue survey.
- The Prior Lake Republican, who touted his “100% pro-life” record in his 2020 campaign, said this summer that he does support exceptions for rape or when a pregnant person’s life is in danger.
- He said in June that the issue should be “left at the states to decide.”
- Yes, but: the “pro-life” survey, published this summer by Minnesota Citizens Concerned for Life, asked candidates for federal office if they would support so-called “incremental approach” bills seeking to reduce abortion as part of “a strategic plan for creating a pro-life nation.”
- Kistner answered yes to that question, as well as one asking candidates if they’d work to uphold any “pro-life” laws or policies in place when they took office.
- A spokesperson for Kistner didn’t respond to a request for comment.
- Zoom out: Republican candidates around the country have been downplaying — or in some cases reversing — hardline anti-abortion stances they took during their primaries in light of signs that the Dobbs decision has energized Democratic voters, Axios’ Alexi McCammond and Andrew Solender report.
Click here to read the full release.